Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Heavenly City

I have read numerous books on success and fulfillment. They always have a similar theme: focus on what really matters, live with integrity, do what you love, and love what you do. Trust your intuition. Go with those little promptings you get; they are usually right. If you have a sudden revelation about something you ought to be doing, making, selling - DO IT. You will not regret having done so.

Three years ago, while reading the Bible, I decided I needed a pick me up. I turned to the last book, Revelation, and looked around for John's description of the glory of heaven. While studying this glorious text, I had a sudden idea. Why not make a bracelet for myself out of all of the stones listed in Revelation 21? I would love to have one. Then I had another idea. Why not make these bracelets for others? Had anyone done this before? Did such an enterprise already exist? I researched and found nothing. So I made lists of the stones I would need and how much it would cost to get started. I ordered a few strings of beads. I daydreamed about business cards and marketing plans and starting another small business. I instinctively knew I must tell no one; this was a patent-able, trademark-able idea. But then, for some strange reason, I stopped, and the few beads I had ordered sat in a box for three years, waiting. The files I had compiled were lost. Why? Who knows?  Maybe I was overwhelmed at the startup cost. The fear of criticism from my friends. The fear of the learning curve involved in a new venture. The fear of having a small business fail. The fear of what might happen if I succeeded.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I fear no more! Or rather, I have an appropriate level of fear to the occasion, but I am no longer allowing fear to govern my decisions. So, without further ado, please allow me to introduce Heavenly City™ Jewelry.

Heavenly City™ jewelry is meant to be a way to remember that earth is not your final home. Representing the twelve foundations of the Heavenly City as delineated in the Bible (Revelation 21:19-21), the Foundations bracelet is made of the twelve foundation stones: jasper, sapphire, agate, emerald, onyx, carnelian, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, jacinth, and amethyst. In between the Foundation stones are twelve pearls (representing the twelve pearly gates) and gold beads (representing the Heavenly streets of gold). Silver bracelets have sterling silver beads.



Heavenly City™ jewelry has a different significance for each person who wears it: to one, the jewelry may be reminder of your own ultimate destiny; to another, a remembrance of a loved one who has gone before; and to still another, a talisman of a sacred hope for your children. Because of this, Heavenly City™ jewelry makes a thoughtful and unique gift; it has deep meaning and significance to both the giver and the recipient.

Heavenly City™ jewelry is also an excellent tool for sharing the Gospel and your blessed hope with others. As people compliment you or ask you about your beautiful and unusual jewelry, you can effortlessly ask them if they know where their own eternal destiny lies. After all, you will already be discussing eternity!



All Heavenly City™ jewelry comes beautifully packaged with an elegant scroll explaining the significance of each element in the piece.

COMING SOON:
Antique gold-plated pewter bracelets and charms
Sterling silver charm bracelets
14k gold filled charm bracelets
Toggle bracelets
Earrings
Necklaces
Charms a la carte

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colors! Wonderful post! I love what you are doing!!! Blesssings to you and your work!

    ReplyDelete